The Transportation department of the School District of Oconee County is responsible for transporting students in multiple capacities, including to and from school, for field trips, and for all athletic events.
School Bus transportation is provided for students who live more than a 1.5 mile radius from the school of their attendance. Bus routes are established in the district to best accommodate the majority of students. These routes conform to the state laws, rules, and regulations. Students who attend outside their transportation area must provide their own transportation.
- Who do I contact if I have a question about my child's pick up or drop off time?
- My child has been a car-rider but now needs to ride the bus, who do I contact to get more information?
- Does the school district provide transportation for students on school choice?
- My student had a problem on the bus, who do I contact for help?
- We are new to the area, how do I find out what bus my student will ride?
- Section 59-67-420 Extent of Transportation To Be Provided
- Section 59-67-240 Other Duties and Disciplinary Powers of Driver
- Section 59-67-245 Interference With Operation of a School Bus; Penalties
- Section 56-4-2770 Signals and Markings on School Buses; meeting, Overtaking, and Passing a School Bus; Loading Passengers Along Multi-lane Highways